BA (hons) Professional Practice

Saturday, 12 March 2011

Wikis

I was having a few problems getting my head around Wikis, while interacting I came across Laura's blog. She has blogged about how to post a wiki. Here is a video link which really helped me understand and learn a new web tool.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great help Nicole, thank you this is something I was struggling with and didn't understand. I will send you my wiki link when I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this video and found it really helpful - thanks Nicole! I am actually organising a holiday with friends at the moment and this would have been a much more useful way to do it. I wanted to ask a question though...do you think you will use it this term to have other people add content or just use it yourself? I have been using google docs which seems fine for storing documents....I am a bit confused about the difference between them. I suppose it will be really useful when we get to the stage of professional inquiries and want to share ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was completely unaware that wiki even existed; great tool will be really beneficial. I think at this stage it’s for us to note our ever changing thought process within reflective practices and I assume as we progress through the course other people will become part of our creative thought process and aid us in developing and asking more questions. Although I’m not overly familiar with Google docs, I think it has the same principles, you can access it anywhere alter documents as and when and you can share the documents, at the same time. (I have used it to track revenue for a company, it meant that even people in China where able to access and alter the data and the company were able to continually track the progress.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for clarifying a bit Nicole - I agree it will be really useful when we want to start things like the Special Interest Groups in the next module and join in with other people's creative processes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Nicole! As I was getting further with the tasks I was wondering how I would have had to use Wiki as I didn't know it even existed....so now it's way more clear and I can use it within our module.
    Hope to see you in a wiki in the future for the next modules to share our thoughts processes .
    :)

    ReplyDelete