I feel through reflecting and experimenting with different ways to reflect I have revealed experiences, feelings and questions about myself and my profession that are full of meaning and allow for further exploration.
Firstly I would to mention that one of my first blogs on the BAPP course was entitled ‘The Naked truth’ this stressed the fact that I felt insecure about participating and having my thoughts and self, as such, laid out for all to comment and question. As an artist these are feelings I am familiar with, doubt and rejection are part and parcel of the learning journey to success. Although within the arts you spent more time reflecting on events yourself. In contrast within this course, I have been using others reflective processes to deepen and find more meaning in my own, this has aided me in looking at reflection in a whole new light. I have started to realise that instead of closing up and intervening to change a situation when I don’t fully understand, I should ask more questions and feel inspired by learning something new. David Boud (English and Gillien 2001) points out that .
In developing expertise of any kind, it is often helpful to become more deliberate and conscious of the process and more aware of the decisions being made by others and ourselves. It is through exposing these decisions to scrutiny that the assumptions behind them can be identified and a conscious decision to act from a new perspective can be taken.
ReferencePromoting journal writing in adultSan Francisco, Jossey‐Bass.
ENGLISH, L. M. & GILLEN, M. A. 2001.
education,
No comments:
Post a Comment