BA (hons) Professional Practice

Sunday, 6 March 2011

Video Journal- 28/02/2011

I have used a few ways to record my journal, I’m finding my video journal most beneficial. The reason behind this is that I struggle translating my experiences and thoughts into words and often talk with my hands and expressions. Someone once said to me ‘I say a lot without actually saying anything.’  What I’ve learnt from experimenting with my type of journal is that my video journal captures far more that my written especially after a long day.

3 comments:

  1. Great to watch your video diary and see how other people are approaching the reflection module. You are right about facial expressions and body language saying a lot more than words sometimes. I'll be interested to see how you get on with your nine year olds - I really felt for you in this video as you seemed to have had an impossible schedule this day. But I guess that is often the case for people on professions like ours so we need to find ways to beat that 'overwhelmed' feeling - or simply accept it, recognise it then let it go.

    Thanks for your post about my blog improvements. I really like the way your blog looks, and having met you I think it does suit your personality and what you do. How about playing around with using a bigger photo at the top as some people do - perhaps of you in action dancing? There is a student called Emily Harris from last year who I think has used this really well on her blog - it looks classy, slick and impressive. Check it out and let me know what you think:

    http://emilyrose91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good Nicole, I think this really indicates the way you express yourself. I think I should try this, as we're both dancers we both probably act the same in teaching because normally as dancers we all do. So your idea seems really good. Especially when you have had a long day on a shoot and then you teach the next day or your teaching all day long. Its tiring and you end up just not being able to speak and explain. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog the poetry task Nicole. Have you managed to find any time to get started on it? I found it really useful so I'd be interested to know what you think.

    You are certainly right about not putting pressure on ourselves but also giving 100%. I think reflection has to be really honest...and only we know whether we have given a task 100%, or when we need to accept that we literally don't have time to do something.

    I have gone a bit quiet on the blogs as I have been so busy starting with my current show, but things should calm down a bit now so I am looking forward jumping back into it and sharing some more ideas.

    ReplyDelete