BA (hons) Professional Practice

Thursday, 10 February 2011

Personal Profile

I have always been enthralled by the performing arts, dance in particular. I began performing at my local theatre school at the age of six attending regular classes and taking part in performances. My talent and enthusiasm was soon noticed and I was awarded a scholarship to attend The Arts Educational School by which time I knew that I wanted to pursue a career within the arts. After successfully completing my GCSE’s I then went onto higher education enrolling in a three year theatre dance course at London Studio Centre. Whilst training I completed major examinations in Classical Ballet, Modern Theatre and Drama. I toured the UK with Seedtime Theatre Company performing 'Moby Dick The Musical'.
I am currently studying with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing to gain accredited dance teaching qualifications in Classical Ballet and Modern Theatre Dance. After completing my B.A in Theatre studies I wish to further my career in teaching by eventually going on to study my PGCE.
At Present I teach Musical Theatre to 4-8 year olds with a conpany called Perform. I have a passion for teaching and relish in the idea that children are so enthusiastic and imaginative; they are without inhibitions and can be drawn into a story and taken on a journey.
I still find performing an exhilarating experience, theatre has the power to emotionally affect people, and it is invigorating to be a part of something so pivotal to how we entertain ourselves as a society.  
I am fascinated with other cultures and have spent time travelling across Asia acting and dancing in films. This has also allowed me to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and has also played a key part in having a strong understanding of working in a team. I am a focused and can apply myself to even the hardest of tasks. Since becoming a member of the Women’s Institute (W.I) working within community organisations has become an even greater passion.
                                            

1 comment:

  1. It was great to read more about you and fill in the gaps after meeting you st the Campus Session yesterday. I really like the way that you have included your achievements in this profile, but also given a strong sense of your passions. I get a clear sense from this that you are someone who really cares about community projects and how you can be a source of positivity within the community. It's also really interesting to know that you have traveled and that you are a member of the W.I.! I think it's an Institute that people perhaps have a lot of pre-conceptions of and I think it's great that you included it as it's very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete