This is such a broad subject and after delving into other blogs and theories, I can honestly say I seem to be moving in circles. So I’m trying to hone in my thoughts and think about Web 2.0 and its relationship to me.
Firstly Web 2.0 can be accessed from anywhere in the world. It is an ever changing vast network of communicators who can participate and create a social network. As a teacher I looked into exploring the theory of social constructivism.
I read the article ‘Why web 2.0 is good for learning and for research: principles and prototypes’ Ulrich, C.
Social constructivism explores the theory of working within a group to develop, explore and discover new ways of thinking. Each participate is seen as being unique with different backgrounds and experiences that that you can utilize and learn from. Once I manage to get my head around this theory I realised just how much I participate in the learning of others and the development of my own.
I asked myself how often I participated and began to realise that participation was actually a function as Hamilton stated. What happens when we don’t have time, money or skills to access these tools?? I began to wonder whether there would then become a certain type of participate?
I asked myself how often I participated and began to realise that participation was actually a function as Hamilton stated. What happens when we don’t have time, money or skills to access these tools?? I began to wonder whether there would then become a certain type of participate?
I have read up on the Digital Divide and the work that people like Martha Lane Fox is doing in trying to get more people online. Through reducing these barriers more people can access web 2.0 and get involved in social networking, sharing and enhancing there learning.
I use web 2.0 almost everyday Dancerspro platforms me as a dance teacher and I can apply for jobs, review dance agencies, photographers and arts related resources.
Spotlight is the casting directors bible, it was established in 1927. It originally existed as a printed directory, but now also exists as an online interactive directory, where hundreds of casting directors can access actors and dancers cv's within minutes. Alternatively performers can apply for jobs all over the world, upload headshots, demos and showreals creating a platform to display themselves.
Over the next few days I'm going to research into the pros and cons of web 2.0.
I think you have touched on some really interesting points here Nicole and obviously done some further reading on the subject of Web 2.0. Like you, I use websites like facebook and spotlight on an almost daily basis. Peter commented on your post above that it is possible to spend hours on end reading blogs and I think this is something to be careful of - it's easy for example, to sit down and do some research and before you know it you have been flicking around people's blogs for 2 hours! I suppose discipline and an awareness of privacy issues are the key.
ReplyDelete