I previously talked about how I use YouTube within my professional practice. It’s a valuable tool as I can watch videos and partake in ballet classes by some inspirational ballet masters. In the Metro a few days ago there was an article on the rise in Ballet classes being taken by the non professional to lengthen and tone the body, improve posture and achieve a more elegant and powerful body shape. The birth of the virtual ballet class is now public with Ballet Beautiful offering live classes streamed over the internet. These can be private classes or group sessions for 30minutes or more. So on your lunch break you can whack out a couple of grand battements and a petite allegro. This is definitely making dance more accessible. The only faults I can see with this progression is how can a non experienced ballet dancer correct themselves?
No comments:
Post a Comment