BA (hons) Professional Practice

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Help!

I have looked on the Harvard referencing page but cannot seem to find it, just wanted to know if anyone was able to help, if I am quoting Martha Graham in Freedman's biography would I but (Freedman, 2006, p.20)

or

is it a secondary source, I mean it isn't in terms of another book but it is not Freedman's words but Graham's.

Also- professional artefact does it need a explanation page? I mean mine is pretty self explanatory-how is it presented as I have done mine online?

Finally do I need to reference images from Photobucket? AND can you use images from Google? or do we have to consider copyright?

Finally I am a few words over it states in the handbook +/- 500 words is this correct?

If anyone can help greatly appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    As for citing Graham cited by Freedman, I guess (Graham, 19?? cited in Freedman, 2006, p.20)
    would be the solution...
    http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
    'Half an A4 of explanation page' is what I heard, but am not sure about online version.
    I may use photos from flickr, and from reading their user guideline, I have a feeling that there are no copyright issues as long as I don't start selling my artefact... but it is necessary to cite them clearly.
    My critical review (draft) was about +700, I hope to refine it to +250.

    ReplyDelete