BA (hons) Professional Practice

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Professional Artefact

My initial idea for a professional artefact was to present a Prezi- presentation to teachers and dance students to explain my finding. Within the presentation, I wanted to include a video of myself dancing, images and a experiment, in actions evoking emotions. I am now unsure of this idea and cannot decide whether it will be useful in explaining the inquiry. Has anyone decided on an artefact? What are your thoughts on my idea?

www.prezi.com this is the website if anyone has any thoughts on my idea.

The video below is a talk about dance and how it is evolving in the internet age, just thought I would include this as I found it really inspiring.

3 comments:

  1. This is what I am doing I think, I am doing a presentation of what I have found. using video links, images and writing about what I have found from this inquiry, which includes the findings in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, yeh, stick with your gut instincts, I think this sounds really creative. I have found that as artsy people, dancers will perhaps relate to audio - visual material better that expecting them to read page upon page of text. Take a look at my blog on ideas for my own Artefact, I am using an element of visual material, but I do feel some sort of explanation is required to clarift where I'm coming from. So although I intend to use to dancers to present what I have found about the meaning of Dance, I won't actually be dancing as such, just getting creative in ways to communicate my findings. I hadn't come across this website you have suggested before, I'll take a look. I'm not very experienced in video editing programmes, I was planning on filming on my digital camera, and uploading it to a single slide via powerpoint. Think it's great you are including visual material of yourself too, after all, we as the researchers have shaped the inquiry, so I think it's important to include ourselves in it. Perhaps I can incorporate this into my own ideas too, thanks Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this Nicole - I loved the way they combined classical musical instruments with a variety of street dance styles. I have just completed Module one, about to start Module Two...I have been playing with the idea of recording myself dancing but more so teaching as a tool for my clients to use after the classes if they want to work on specific moves and routines. The YouTube piece was inspiring - it made me feel like I wanted to go out and research / find raw UK talent. We have so much out there - learning how we can use performance in a positive way to show our feelings, emotions and just to "shout out" in the form of dance and movement. I am desperately wanting to break into the world of expressive and community dance. Thanks for re-inspiring me!
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete